August 31, 2023 – New York City, New York
The acquisition and rebrand of Hiro Wallet by Trust Machines gives Leather a unique opportunity to fulfill an increasing demand for Web 3.0 on Bitcoin.
Leather is a Bitcoin wallet with one mission in mind driving the global transition to a digital economy built on Bitcoin.
Leather Wallet LLC is now a subsidiary of Trust Machines, through an acquisition of wallet assets from Hiro Systems PBC.
From DeFi to DLCs to Ordinals and beyond, Leather will accelerate its role as the premier access point for the growing Bitcoin ecosystem, giving users the opportunity to make the most of their Bitcoin holdings via emerging Web 3.0 apps and protocols.
Historically, the wallet supported the Stacks layer two functionality along with Bitcoin Ordinals.
The new Leather brand is more than just a name change, with Leather looking to create a bridge between Bitcoin and all emerging layer two solutions, providing a seamless experience for users to move and use assets between layers depending on their application needs.
Muneeb Ali, CEO and co-founder of Trust Machines, said,
“Bitcoin wallets are the window through which the world will interact with the revolutionary technology of Bitcoin and digital assets built on Bitcoin.
“To take Bitcoin to a billion users, we need to make Bitcoin and Bitcoin layer twos simple and intuitive to use.
“Leather reminds me of the revolutionary potential of Bitcoin and the transformative impact it has had on countless lives. Instilling trust and security through decentralization is a key factor of our Bitcoin wallet.”
Leather, a self-custodied, open-source and audited wallet, gives users the ability to do the following.
- Secure and manage Bitcoin (BTC), Stacks layer two (STX) and other Bitcoin-secured assets like BRC-20
- Deposit, view, create, trade and transfer Ordinals, Stacks NFTs and Bitcoin Stamps
- Identify themselves across decentralized communities with BNS (Blockchain Name System) domain names
- Explore Bitcoin DeFi protocols that are set to revolutionize how financial systems work
- Access emerging Bitcoin layers and features Lightning Network, DLCs and Stacks along with their native mechanisms, like Stacking like the
Leather users can also connect to a myriad of platforms that have emerged as the bedrock of Bitcoin…