OKX, the world’s second-largest crypto exchange by trading volume and a leading Web 3.0 technology company, today released the findings of a survey on the perceived market impact of the two-part Shanghai-Capella (Shapella) upgrade, which is slated for April 12, 2023, and will enable withdrawals of staked Ether (ETH).
Key findings include the following.
- 83% of those surveyed expect that more ETH will be staked in the next three months
- 63% of respondents predict that ETH will hit a new record high of over $5,000 by the end of 2023
- 79% of those surveyed expect ETH’s price to react differently to Shapella than the Merge
- 59% think it will keep increasing before and after the upgrade
- 20% believe ETH will move sideways
- 33% of respondents think ETH will be over its current six-month high of $2,000 in June 2023 but still below its 12-month high of $3,000
- 34% of those surveyed predict ETH at below $2,000, while 33% believe it will be at least $3,100 by June 2023
17.9 million ETH was staked as of April 5, 2023. This was equivalent to over $34 billion. The APR investors earn on staked ETH is currently 4.65%, a figure that decreases as the pool of staked ETH increases.
OKX will begin processing withdrawal requests for staked Ether within one week of Shapella going live, following the company’s completion of on-chain code audits to ensure customer safety.
The survey was conducted by OKX from March 1-5, 2023, with 700 ETH traders, investors and network developers at the ETH Denver conference.
To learn more about OKX, please visit the website.
OKX is the second-biggest global crypto exchange by trading volume and a leading Web 3.0 ecosystem.
Trusted by more than 50 million global users, OKX is known for being the fastest and most reliable crypto trading app for investors and professional traders everywhere.
As a top partner of English Premier League champions Manchester City FC, McLaren Formula One, golfer Ian Poulter, Olympian Scotty James and F1 driver Daniel Ricciardo, OKX aims to supercharge the fan experience with new financial and engagement opportunities.
OKX is also the top partner of the Tribeca Festival as part of an initiative to bring more creators into Web 3.0.
Beyond OKX’s exchange, the OKX Wallet is the platform’s latest offering for people looking to explore the world of NFTs and the metaverse while trading GameFi…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at The Daily Hodl…